Thursday, August 1, 2013

High Protein Nutty Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares

My friend Yvette made these Protein Bars for her family and shared a piece with me. They were SOOOOO good, I immediately got the recipe! They are so easy to make and taste so delicious that you will have a hard time believing they are good for you!

What you will need:
  • 1/2 cup Coconut Oil (you can use butter also)
  • 1 cup peanut butter (or any other nut butter and crunchy is a good choice for these)
  • 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (my friend used Carob chips.... I normally don't like carob but it tasted AWESOME...I couldn't even tell....I think the peanut butter help the taste...so use Carob and this yummy treat will be vegan!)
  • 1 cup flax meal or wheat germ
  • 2 1/2 cups of nuts (in mine I used 1 1/4 cups of cashew pieces and 1 1/4 cups of almond slivers) use whatever you love most or what you have on hand
  • 1 cup unsweetened coconut shavings

In a saucepan melt your Coconut Oil, nut butter, and chocolate.
Pull off heat and stir in the rest of your ingredients.
Pour into a glass pan. I used 8X8.
Let cool, cut, and refrigerate!

I actually poured the mixture in my pan, covered, and then refrigerated it over night. I then let it sit out for ten minutes in the morning and then started cutting it into small squares. This reminds me of making fudge....The fudge my husband and I make is so good that people have actually paid us to make them more.... however, its hard to make it now because of the amount of sugar and other ingredients are so unhealthy!
I found my new "fudge" with this! 
I don't feel guilty eating it and just a small amount really fills you up!
 Try this for yourself, you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...