Thursday, September 6, 2012

How to Spice Up a Package Brownie Mix!

I have been on a huge chocolate fix lately....
I love to make a batch of Brownies and enjoy them for a few days.
The great thing about chocolate is that is has so much flavor and dark color that you can add almost anything to it and no one will know! 
So I asked myself, how can I have the ease of package brownie mix but add nutrition to it!?!
Here is the simple answer!

Get yourself a package of brownie mix....whichever one is your favorite!
I got the Reduced Guilt Brownie Mix from Trader Joes! It is great because all you add is 3/4 cup of vanilla yogurt to the mix and bake. They also have a Gluten free brownie mix!
Simply follow the directions on your box to make your batter and now here's the fun part.

Use about 1/2 cup of black beans and a large handful of fresh spinach and blend it in your food processor! Or, if you have the ingredients already from making "Hale the Kale" Salad that I just blogged about, use up the rest of your Kale instead of Spinach!!!!
These measurements aren't exact....if you want to add more it will still be yummy!
      
It will make a green paste. This is what it looks like before I mix it into the batter. However, once mixed up, you could NEVER tell!
This next step is optional: I love peanut butter and chocolate together. So what I did was pour half of my batter in the baking dish. 
Then, I melted a little peanut butter and poured it over the batter and then add the rest of the batter on top! Now bake as box instructs!
When there is about ten minutes left to baking I sprinkled a handful of dark chocolate chips to the top of the brownies! You don't have to do this step either, I just love the texture the chocolate chips add!
Enjoy a yummy treat thats actually not so bad for you after all! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...