Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Egg Jello


Here is a cute idea that your child will LOVE!!! We got some plastic eggs from the Dollar Store that open  the length of the egg. Use these for your molds!
 Place a hand towel on a plate and lay the half eggs on top. The towel will help the plastic eggs stay in place while the jello is cooling. Now, either follow the directions on a box jello or make your own with 100% juice!!! It's so simple, Click here for the Recipe! I used Organic Apple Juice this time around. My kids LOVE cherries and asked to add them to the jello so we added Morello Cherries from Trader Joes. These are a great substitute for Maraschino Cherries which are chemically colored with Red 40!!! You could also use frozen or fresh cherries!
 I had my daughter put one cherry in each mold while I was making the jello! To change the color of the jello to a pretty reddish/purple, I simply added a little Beet and purple carrot juice. I don't know about you but I don't think the color of murky apple juice is that pretty! =)
  
 Pour your warm jello mixture in the plastic egg molds!
 After a few hours in the fridge, you will have a nice YUMMY Easter treat to share! You could take them out of the plastic egg but I think it's easier and a lot more fun to keep it in!
Easter egg jello, Homemade jello, dye free jello

Another thing we are going to be doing on Saturday evening is Resurrection Cookies. I found a GREAT blog post about how to do it and the verses you read to your child. Click here to see what to do! It's a great way to share the Easter story with a child!

1 comment:

  1. Love the jello eggs! And I checked out the Resurrection cookies--what an amazing idea. I had never heard of them before...thanks!

    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...